Boyish Charm

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas Filler - Outer

Stole this from Kristin's Blog! Feel free to steal from mine and post too!

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Both!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa has everything opened, put together and set up in everyone's personal area! Not sure what he is gonna do this year with tons of stuff for 5 boys...
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
White
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Would if I had some, maybe I need to have the boys climb some trees.
5. When do you decorate?
Generally on the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I had the tree up a week before hand, but undecorated!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably gonna have to say Christmas Breakfast. I will post a recipe for it later. It is the best!!!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The thing I can remember best about Christmas as a child was when we would come out from behind the pinned up sheet and see all the goodies Santa left. It was so exciting. You would be looking at one item and all of a sudden realize there was another awesome gift to check out. All the while, mom, dad and grandma sat there happily watching us explore our new gifts.
8. How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? I was in either 2nd or 3rd grade. It was when we lived out in Paden, OK (the boonies). I remember being in the cafeteria at school that day and some kids were teasing me about believing in him still. I went home and talked to my parents about it, upset. Sure enough, they told me the truth. I remember walking up the stairs to go to my room and saying, "guess that means the tooth fairy isn't real either". I hope my kids have a few more years, but my almost 9 year old is pretty sure that we do the presents not Santa...
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? The boys open one gift on Christmas eve which just happens to be a new pair of pajamas every year. Isn't that ironic... lol Don and I have started up the tradition of opening gifts to each other also, but since I already got my presents, I might make him wait until Christmas.... We'll see.
10. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve? We usually bake several different kinds of cookies. Things like, chocolate chip (one of Santa's favorites), peanut butter, sugar, oatmeal, no bake and more.
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? Love it Love it Love it!!!! I so want a white Christmas
12. Can you ice skate? Don't know. Never have!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't know that I can. I have never ever been dissappointed! Everyone is always so thoughtful and generous.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family and making them all smile or even cry when getting gifts. Here lately I cry right along with them (or even without them)
15. What’s your favorite holiday dessert? Monkey Bread is awesome, but pumpkin pie is growing on me...
16. What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
All of them?!?! I love having New England Clam Chowder on Christmas Eve before going to church. I love waking up in the morning with the kids, having daddy go out to see if Santa came, opening stockings on mommy and daddy's bed, the kids running out and finding all their Santa goodies, Christmas breakfast, opening family gifts, and going to extended family and opening gifts with them! I love it ALL!!!
17. What type of tree? Artificial. I have a beautiful new slim tree from my mom this year!
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?Giving! I love to give gifts! I wish I was rich so I could give to everyone.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night is probably my favorite all time classic, I listen to Christmas music non stop from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas though.
20. Candy Canes, YUCK or YUM? YUM!, but not too much!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM PST, Blogger Kristin said…

    fun!!! :D i need to link your blog on mine! actually i'll have to ask rachel to when she feels better since i dont know how!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home